Camping is one of the best outdoor activities to experience that mother nature has to offer. The benefits of camping are plentiful, such as quality time with loved ones, escaping the hustle and bustle of the city, and the numerous health benefits associated with being in the outdoors. Camping is also an activity that can be enjoyed in several locations, whether that is in a national paark, state park, your backyard, the backcountry, or any other campground.
With camping comes a little bit of preparation to make sure that the overall experience is both safe and as pleasurable as possible. To help with your next camping trip, we have compiled a list of items to bring, with a printable checklist as well.
While packing, make sure to reference this list or the printable camping checklist to make sure you have everything!Download Camping Checklist
Around The Campsite
Items around the campsite will include the essentials when it comes to shelter and bedding, as well as anything that will help you navigate around. As for a tent and sleeping bad, these are things that could be rented from your local outdoor goods store so keep that in mind.
Clothing is a necessity when going camping and should be planned for accordingly. Depending on the weather conditions of your campsite and the dates you go, types of clothing will vary. Dressing in layers will help you keep warm in colder environments and light colored clothing will keep you cool in warmer environments.
The kitchen items are essential tools for cooking and cleaning while camping. By bringing the correct cooking and cleaning items, your camping adventure will be that much easier and enjoyable.
Food is one of the most important things to consider when camping because of the different variations of meals that can be created. Eating in the outdoors is a different experience since the cooking methods can be different, like using the campfire as your stove. We have listed basic staple camping foods, but feel free to spice things up to your liking.
Long days spent in the sun or any other environment will cause anyone to break a sweat. Personal items will help you freshen up and feel your best throughout your trip.
First Aid Kit
While camping, anything can happen when in the outdoors, from minor to major injuries. It is best to always have a first aid kit with you when you go camping, that so you are prepared for any situation.
The camping items listed above goes into everything you could possibly need, so everything listed out isn’t mandatory, outside of food, shelter, clean water, and clothing. If you camp often, we recommend filling storage bins with all your camping goods. This way, when you go on your next adventure, you can just pop your items in the car, pack your clothes, hit the grocery store, and be ready for your next outdoor adventure.Download Camping Checklist
- Cooking power: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 2 adjustable burners: For precise temperature control
- Wind-blocking panels: Shield burners from wind
- Super bright & long lasting: Equipped with 30 crazy bright leds, this compact lantern cuts through 360 degrees of darkness on the stormiest, dimmest nights. Easily lights up the entire tent or room. Battery life lasts over 90 hours - that is 3x longer than other lanterns in the market.
- Compact & lightweight: Unique, patented collapsible design that reduces and increases the light as you collapse or expand the lantern. When collapsed it's as small as your phone. Easily fits in your backpack or emergency kit. Our lanterns are a life-saver in unpredictable situations like hurricanes or a zombie apocalypse.
- Waterproof & indestructible: Constructed with aircraft grade materials, your lantern is able to survive a 10-foot drop and being temporarily submerged under water. Our lantern is the original patented version and has better materials than inferior copies on the market.
- 【Soft, Anti-glare & Sufficient Brightness 】With frosted PC shell, the rechargeable led camping lantern provides a more uniform, delicate, anti-glare light that protects your eyes, much better than competitors' blind spotlights. Our led lanterns are 360 degrees illumination, 2 lanterns delivery a total 800lm+, one camping light can provide sufficient brightness to light up the entire tent or room.
- 【Rechargeable & Power Bank Function】These camping lanterns are rechargeable, they can be fully recharged via the USB cable around 2 hours, then one light can last 3-10 hours, more convenient and eco-friendly than other lanterns which need AA batteries. Our camping lantern built-in a USB output port and 1800mAh battery that allows charging a mobile phone in emergency situations that no need to worry about losing the power of the phone during the camping trip.
- 【3-level Brightness + Flashing, SOS Mode】Our camping lights with 3 levels of brightness to meet your daily needs. At the same time, the rechargeable lanterns also with flashing and SOS mode, you can give out a signal and get help from around easily when needed. Our emergency lights will be a life saver in unpredictable situations like loss while camping, hurricanes, power outages or other emergency situations.