Ahh, the kitchen. A modern landing zone for some of the most specific and one-task oriented gadgets the world has to offer. For any specific cooking or baking task, there’s a kitchen item designed to perform it. What’s really powerful about the growth in the kitchen accessories market is that there has been more investment in how they can visually add to our homes.
If you think about it, the kitchen is an aesthetic powerhouse in the home. It seems that more and more, companies are learning to fuse functionality and design into the products on the market, so therein lies the biggest question of all: “what exactly do I need?” Below are some of the items that everyone should have in their kitchen:
Finding the perfect chef’s knife can be difficult. Many people settle for a cheaper option that ends up dull and virtually useless within months of purchase. We would recommend doing some research on the subject before purchasing this tool. Overall, you’ll want to look for something that is durable and can perform multiple tasks. Some knives are designed with a specific function in mind, limiting what you can do with it (without dulling the blade). Don’t be afraid to spend a little more on a chef’s knife. In doing so, you can avoid having to buy an entire knife set. Plus, the time investment for taking care of just one knife versus a whole set will leave you more time to enjoy using it!
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle- To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
Cast Iron Skillet
While cast iron is heavier than your standard non-stick pan, the functionality of this item is much higher. Traditional nonstick pans often have plastic handles which can melt if misplaced on the stovetop. Moreover, non-stick pans are less versatile when it comes to performance. Cast iron performs well at high heat levels and can be used on the stovetop, in the oven, or even over a campfire. If properly taken care of, cast iron will last a lifetime and can be passed down from one generation to another.
- CAST IRON SKILLET is 10.25 inches in diameter and includes red silicone hot handle holder. An improvement on the original: the Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, featuring an assist handle. This will be your go-to pan for generations to come
- SEASONED CAST IRON COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get
- CAST IRON provides superior heat retention and is unparalleled for even cooking. Lodge Cast Iron Skillets are at home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire
The Instant Pot is a modern must-have in any kitchen. Not only is it a pressure cooker, but the newer models perform dozens of various functions. You can use this kitchen essential in so many ways, from cooking rice, to sauteing vegetables, to slow cooking meat or soaking beans. Did you know that you can cook an entire frozen chicken in an Instant Pot in less than two hours? With this one item you can consolidate many standard appliances into one without the complication of extra attachments and parts to wash.
- Rush, Simon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 146 Pages - 10/12/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
It almost feels like this one goes without saying, but if you don’t currently have measuring cups, they will change your life for the better. Measuring cups are essential to baking any recipe to perfection and if you’re on a health journey, can actually help you to standardize your snack portions, as well. We would personally recommend a set of metal measuring cups because, as stated before, plastic and hot surfaces really aren’t the best combination.
- 🌸 [SET OF 21]: This package includes 7 Measuring Cups (1/8 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 2/3 cup, 3/4 cup, 1 cup), 8 Measuring Spoons (1/16 tsp, 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 3/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 2 tsp, 1 tbsp), 1 Leveler & 5 Mini Measuring Spoons (Tad, Dash, Pinch, Smidgen, Drop), various sizes meet all your baking needs.
- 🌸 [HIGH QUALITY]: This measuring cups and spoons set is made of food grade 18/0 stainless steel, rust-resistant, no toxic elements, which is 100% safe to use for both dry and wet ingredients.
- 🌸 [SPECIAL DESIGN]: The cups and spoons each stacked in one bundle with a removable stainless ring which makes them easy to storage in the cabinet or hang on wall, and you can easily take apart to use them when you need. The premium quality make these easy to clean with hand or dishwasher safe.
Mixing Bowl Set
You’d be hard-pressed to get by in the kitchen without mixing bowls around. Not only are they great for baking, but they are also super handy food storage containers, as well. An added bonus is if you can find a set that has handles, as they are easier to move about the kitchen, especially when retrieving food from the fridge. Bowls with handles also make good popcorn containers for movie night!
- MATERIAL: These mixing bowls are made of premium stainless steel, resist dents and rust proof, a mirror finish inside and brushed finish outside design
- MEASUREMENT LINES: The full state of the bowl is 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3.5, 7 quart (To remind you and avoid to spill out when using, the lines is not marked to the highest edge!). 5 different size bowls can be stackable placed for easy storage and carry
- NON SLIP SILICONE BOTTOMS: Flat silicone bases would prevent the metal bowls slippage when mixing, beating and whipping! Also protect the desk from high temperature
This is a kitchen essential because it protects your countertops from unnecessary damage. A personal favorite material for cutting boards is glass (because of how quickly it can be cleaned off), but wooden boards are definitely the most practical all-around option. Plastic boards are the most budget-friendly option but they are quickly cut up by knives and won’t last nearly as long as the others. Glass and marble are sturdy options but will dull out your kitchen knives faster, so they may not be the best option if you have a limited knife set. For durability, surface material, and longevity, wood is definitely the best option.
- Precision Cutting Surface – Crafted with a thick, heavy-duty plastic, our BPA-free and latex free cutting boards provide a clean food prep surface for every meal.
- Multiple Prep Board Pack – Each order comes with three distinct cutting board sizes, including small, medium and large; perfect for multi-course meals or all-day use.
- Juice Grooves & Handles – These reversible cutting boards feature juice grooves to catch sticky or acidic drippings and non-slip handles to protect you and surfaces.
You might not think this is a kitchen essential, but once you consider all of its functions, you might change your mind. Tongs get used in so many different ways, the most practical of which is pulling corn on the cob from a pot of boiling hot water. If you’ve ever attempted to do that with a slotted spoon or worse, a fork, you know what we’re talking about. If you haven’t attempted it, please don’t. Because they can be used for tossing salads, plating bacon, mixing noodles and sauces, or flipping chicken nuggets in the oven (to name a few), they’ve made the list.
- With locking clip in closed position.
- Non-stick, Corrosion resistant and Odor resistant.
- Premium 304 stainless steel construction and brushed steel finished.
Whether you cook at home or eat out for every meal, you will need these in your kitchen. Perfect for storing leftovers, takeout, snacks, meal preps, etc, the hardest part of owning these is keeping them organized. Try to opt for a sturdy plastic that is easily stackable. We’ve found that the weight of glass containers adds up quickly if you’re taking them on the go, so thick, good-quality plastic sets are the best option for both inside and outside of the house.
- Disclaimer Only 3c 5c & 7c containers contain vented lid
- Built-in vent for splatter-resistant microwaving
- Lids snap together at bases to reduce clutter
The uses for a baking tray are endless, whether food-related or not. You can put freshly cut banana slices on a baking tray in the freezer to save money on pre-bagged frozen fruit. Great for baking desserts, roasting vegetables, or marinating meat, a set of solid baking trays will serve you in more ways than you can dream.
- Small Size Measures: 13×9, Medium Size Measures: 15×10, Large Size Measures: 17×11
- The Good Cook Non-stick Cookie Sheet comes with small, medium, and large sizes that provide the perfect option for any of your baking needs
- Top-quality non-stick coating that removes the need for scrubbing and keeps it looking brand new
Silicone Baking Mat
Going along with your baking trays, silicone baking mats have risen in popularity over the past few years, replacing single-use aluminum and paper products designed to keep pans clean. They also prevent foods like zucchini and squash from getting caked onto the pans and can even be used as a protective surface on your countertop while you prepare sandwiches, roll doughs, or form cookies. Because of the mess they can help avoid and their reusability, they make the list.
- Premium quality design: Made from durable, flexible, food-grade silicone that is oven-safe to 480 degrees F, this two-pack set of baking mats provides the ultimate convenient and healthy way to upgrade baking and roasting. Turn any half-sheet pan into a non-stick surface, eliminating fattening oils, grease, messy sprays, and expensive parchment paper for clean, effortless food removal without waste, hassle, or extra calories.
- Better baked goods: Designed for use in all types of ovens (except direct-fire ovens), these professional-grade (BPA Free) mats can be used with pans or sheets to improve overall heat distribution and air circulation, for even and consistent results, with no burned or undercooked spots.
- Reusable & economical: These eco-friendly, non-stick mats can be used again and again, therefore saving money on sprays, oils, and butter plus parchment paper, aluminum foil, and other standard pan and sheet preparation materials, as well as eliminating waste after use.
While many would argue that a salad spinner is NOT an essential addition to the kitchen, we would argue what a great colander the inner lining of a salad spinner makes. A salad spinner can act as a bowl with a lid, a pasta strainer, a fresh fruit salad container, and of course, a salad spinner. We would caution against a collapsible version, however, they are not nearly as versatile.
- HEALTHY MADE EASY: Our Pro Pump Salad Spinner makes it so easy to prepare nutritious foods every night of the week. This device helps you to clean and serve salad greens and other produce, including fruits and even berries, in seconds!
- ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE: The generous capacity of our Salad Spinner (6.65 quart bowl, 5.25 quart basket) means you can pack enough to feed your entire family!
- SO EASY: We know you're busy when it comes to making meals. That's why we've engineered our Salad Spinner for convenient one-handed operation. Simply push down on the spinner mechanism to begin; then tap the break button when done.
Can openers are essential because there may come a time when the power goes out and all you have is canned food available. We all know the struggle of not having a can opener and trying to open one with a bottle opener. Be prepared for anything! Invest in a sturdy opener or even an electric one, it will come in handy for opening cans and jars, especially on camping trips!
- Stainless Steel Blade: The KitchenAid can opener is made from strong 420 J2 stainless steel that will easily puncture and open all types of cans
- Integrated Bottle Opener: An integrated bottle opener is built into the head of the can opener
- Easy to Turn Knob: The can opener's large, easy-to-turn knob makes opening cans an easy task
The great thing about blenders is that they come in at so many price points within the market that there is a model for every house, whether you make smoothies every day or you’re only interested in making sauces a couple times a year. You can get by with a Magic Bullet blender before upgrading to a bigger, more industrial-strength option. Either way, you’ll find that there are great options for every budget and home.
- The Ninja professional blender 1000 features a sleek design and outstanding performance with 1000 watts of professional power 64 ounce maximum liquid capacity
- Ninja total crushing blades gives you perfect ice crushing, blending, pureeing, and controlled processing crush ice and frozen fruit in seconds
- The 72 ounce professional blender jar is perfect for making large batches of creamy, frozen drinks and smoothies for the entire family also perfect for large batches of delicious margaritas and daiquiris
When we say each kitchen needs a spatula, we’re talking about a sturdy spatula that’s not going to melt if left in the pan or on the burner. Our favorite is a metal head spatula with a rubber grip handle, wide enough for flipping pancakes or several chicken nuggets or vegetables at a time. A good spatula can even be used for stirring sauces in a pan, proving its versatility in the kitchen.
- 2 Pack-including Large and Small spatula. Sturdy, durable construction with a comfortable nonslip handle and silicone head bonded to a flexible stainless-steel core. Ideal for flipping eggs, burgers, crepes and more.
- Thin, flexible silicone head with an angled edge that glides easily beneath food without damaging it.
- Spatula head is made of supreme silicone, heat resistant to 600°F.
What’s great about the kitchen is that it has endless potential for design and function. With so many products on the market, it’s hard to decide which gadgets are essential and which are too specific for your needs. Ultimately what determines whether an appliance or kitchen gadget is a “must have” is how much use you get out of it. The comprehensive list above outlines some of the most versatile and functional equipment you could need either in or out of the kitchen.