Styling your hair is an important step in any beauty regimen, and at times, can take a good amount of time. If you are like us, getting ready in time for any occasion can be a daunting task as we are always up against the clock with our hair. Hair Dryers are devices that help speed up the hair styling process and make your hair look as beautiful as ever. Having a quality hair dryer can be the difference between a hot mess or a hot date!
To help you decide which hair dryer is the best for your routine, we put together a roundup of the best hair dryers on the market.
Table of Contents
- The Best Hair Dryers
- Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000
- Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- Amika Power Cloud Repair Plus Smooth Hair Dryer
- Drybar ‘Buttercup’ Blow-Dryer
- BIO IONIC Whisper Light Pro-Dryer
- CHI Touch 2 – Touch Screen Hair Dryer
- HAI – Ionic Professional Hair Dryer
- Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline 2000 Lightweight Hair Dryer
- Xlinder 1875W Professional Salon Hair Dryer
- How to Choose the Best Hair Dryer for Your Hair Type
- Understanding Hair Dryer Attachments
- Blow Drying Tips
Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000
As a winner of the Best of Beauty Award by Allure (2014-2016), the Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer is top notch. This hair dryer comes in a retro mint color and is compact, with a 9.7 foot cord. If you are looking for a sleek speedy blowout, turn to the Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000, and you won’t ever go back.
Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
If you are looking for a good budget hair dryer, the Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is a solid pick. At around $30, you get a hair dryer with precision styling control, smooth hair, and two extra nozzles.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Featuring Tourmaline ceramic technology plus frizz fighting conditioning ions for less damage and more shine, this hair dryer provides uniform heat for fast drying and less damage
- Superior Function: A Cool Shot button locks hair styles in place and rocker switches make for easy handling; Includes 3 heat/2 speed custom dryer settings for different hair types
- Ionic Conditioning: Natural ion output helps fight frizz and bring out your hair’s natural shine; Includes a concentrator nozzle for focused airflow to make hair smooth and sleek, plus a diffuser for textured styles
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
For a hair dryer that seems like it is from the future is the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. This device was worked on by over 100 engineers as well as took four years and about $67 Million to develop. But what does that equate to? Simple. A hair dryer that has intelligent temperature control, dries faster, is super quiet, and does a damn good job.
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine; Air temperature is measured 20 times every second, keeping the temperature under control
- Ultra fast drying; For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow. Rated power 1600watts
- Includes: Magnetic attachments Dyson smoothing noozle, styling concentrator, and diffuser
Amika Power Cloud Repair Plus Smooth Hair Dryer
The Amika Power Cloud Repair Plus Smooth Hair Dryer pops with color, and makes your hair pop as well. Drying time is relatively quick with the help of negative ions it gives off, which helps break down the water molecules in your hair. Science!
Drybar ‘Buttercup’ Blow-Dryer
For a lightweight option, you can’t go wrong with the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer. With two unique concentrators available, you can rest assured that the heat will be dispersed evenly and handle the largest of curls.
BIO IONIC Whisper Light Pro-Dryer
To curb the frizz and bump up the shine, try out the BIO IONIC Whisper Light Hair Dryer. With its hybrid mineral technology and 1,400 watts, conditioned and dried hair is moments away.
- NanoIonic Hybrid Mineral Technology
- Natural Negative Ions and Far Infrared Energy hydrates and seals the cuticle for super-fast drying and conditioning
- Leaves hair soft and shiny
CHI Touch 2 – Touch Screen Hair Dryer
We use touch screens everyday with our smartphones, so why not integrate that into a hair dryer? The CHI Touch 2 has the latest in design and uses CHI ceramic technology to help you reduce frizz.
HAI – Ionic Professional Hair Dryer
The Hai Ionic Professional Hair Dryer has a built in blue UV light to condition your scalp. They also state that it will release a sweet jasmine scent when in use. Keep your hair jasmine fresh with this hair dryer!
Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline 2000 Lightweight Hair Dryer
The Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline 2000 Lightweight Hair Dryer has quiet performance and is lightweight. Feel like a pro at home with a professional hair dryer.
- It helps to reduce drying time and give sleeker, silkier hair that has body and volume
- This hair dyer allows for easy styling with long-lasting results
- For all types of hairs
Xlinder 1875W Professional Salon Hair Dryer
The Xlinder 1875W Professional Salon Hair Dryer is a versatile hair dryer with a powerful motor delivering infrared and negative ions to help dry your hair. This is a good hair dryer to make your hair shine.
- 5-Minutes Quick Dry: 1875W salon-perfermance AC motor dries your hair 45% faster comparing to other hair dryers with up to 3x longer life, less drying time, longer lasting life.
- Anti-frizz Infrared & Negative Ion: Jinri 1875W ceramic dryers emit non-damaging infrared heat gently for added heat protection to reduce up to 60% less frizz, while the ionic technology dry your hair much faster and styling for smooth, silky hair.
- 3 Heats/2 Speeds setting/Cool Shot Button for flexible heat and air flow, drying for different hair textures and styling locked by Cold Shot Button.
How to Choose the Best Hair Dryer for Your Hair Type
Choosing a hair dryer for you takes a number of factors like cost, wattage, and features. Here are a few tips to help you find the best hair dryer for you.
Since we use hair dryers everyday, we are inclined to spend a little extra money on them. A better dryer oftentimes lasts much longer than the cheaper options and perform most of the job for you.
A higher wattage motor gives the hair dryer the wind power it needs to dry your hair and not “toast” it. Consider a hair dryer with a high-wattage.
Features like Ionic, Tourmaline, Ceramin, Infrared, Ceramic, and Titanium are mentioned often when shopping for hair dryers. If your hair is frizzy or thick, you will want a hair dryer that shoots negative ions, or is ionic. If your hair is fine or dry, a hair dryer that can distribute the heat gently and evenly is best; think ceramic, porcelain, or infrared.
Other features to look out for are included attachments, product guarantees, and a cold button.
Understanding Hair Dryer Attachments
Hair dryer attachments will be specific to the device that you have. But most of them have a specified job that overlaps with one another. Here are some of the most popular hair dryer attachments:
The diffuser attachment is made for women with curls to help keep the curl shape intact while drying. This comes in different shapes and works by diffusing the air into different areas rather than directly into one.
The concentrator nozzle has a flat vent and helps focus the airflow to assist in targeting specific areas. If you are looking to add volume to your roots or dry specific sections, click on that concentrator nozzle!
Blow Drying Tips
Get a quality hair dryer
A quality hair dryer like some of the best products we listed above, will make putting your hair together one of the easiest parts of your day. Keep your hair healthy with a great blow dryer.
Spray heat protectant on
Spraying a product before your blowout protects the ends of your hair from breakage and makes it last longer. Apply it correctly by working it from the mid-shaft to the ends, in different sections.
Use the right attachments
For a smooth finish, lean on an attachment to do that for you. Learn about the two most popular attachments, the diffuser and concentrator above.
Towel dry first, but not for too long
You will want to dry your hair before hair drying to prevent it from slopping around. Make sure not to brush your hair when it is wet. Towel dry your hair until it is about 60 percent dry then hit it with the blow dryer after that.