Basketball is a fun game to watch, but even more fun to play. As one of the most popular sports in the world, you are sure to have a loved one that is a basketball player or a fan of the game. But with birthdays or holidays, what should you be gifting them?
To help you choose the perfect gift for the baller in your life, we have put together the absolute 11 best gifts for any basketball player.
1. Indoor Game Basketball
A basketball player could always use another ball to practice with. Having another basketball will open up new possibilities like two hand dribbling drills. No matter what level, an indoor game basketball will always be appreciated!
- When you focus on getting better, and not just on getting results, success takes care of itself. That is why the Wilson Evolution Game Ball is the preferred basketball in high schools across the country.
- The number 1 indoor ball: The Evolution is the number 1 indoor game basketball in America, on more courts than any other basketball
- Signature EVO feel: the soft feel that the evolution basketball is famous for is due it’s cushion core carcass, making the ball softer to the touch and easier to grip around the rim
2. Basketball Backpack
Making sure to have everything needed for a practice or game is important. A basketball backpack is perfect for any athlete to pack their basketball, shoes, uniform, and other gear.
- Water-resistant bottom creates a durable exterior.
- Nike Quad Zip System offers easy access to your gear from all angles.
- Multiple pockets offer diverse storage, while Max Air units in the shoulder straps let you carry valuables comfortably.
3. Agility Ladder
Agility plays a huge part in basketball. Training with an agility ladder is one of the best ways to work on foot work, speed, and quickness.
- Improve acceleration, lateral speed and change of direction
- Improve quickness through accelerated foot strike and lift frequency
- Develop the core skills necessary to enhance balance, rhythm and body control
4. Mini Basketball Hoop
Sometimes there isn’t time to get to a real basketball court, so some fun at home is necessary. Mini basketball hoops are great because they are easy to put up and take down.
- Mounts on door: For indoor play
- Basketball included: 5 inch rubber mini ball and assembly tool included
- Padded: Padded polycarbonate board
5. Padded Arm (Shooting) Sleeve
Shooting sleeves help basketball players keep their shooting arm warm throughout a game. Nothing is worse than tight muscles getting in the way.
6. Compression Pants
Compression pants are a great gift for athletes to promote blood flow. Alternatively, there are compression shorts for basketball players that prefer that.
7. Compression Shirt
Similar to compression pants, compression shirts also help promote blood flow. Compression tops can be found with sleeves, long sleeves, and sleeveless.
- HeatGear fabric, with all the benefits of UA Compression, comfortable enough to be worn all day
- Stretch-mesh underarm panels deliver strategic ventilation
- 4-way stretch construction moves better in every direction
8. NBA Jersey
Gift your loved basketball fanatic with an NBA jersey of their favorite player. They can wear it during big games, out and about, or to the gym.
- Nice Swingman Jersey from Mitchell & Ness
- High Quality
- 100% Polyester
- Officially licensed by the NBA
- Designed and manufactured by Nike
- Screen printed player name and numbers
- Officially licensed by the NBA
- V-neck jersey
- Adidas logo on front
9. NBA 2K Video Game
The NBA 2K series is a popular video game for all basketball fans. Make sure to purchase the right game depending on the console of the gift recipient.
- NBA 2K celebrates 20 years of redefining what sports gaming can be, from best in class graphics & gameplay to groundbreaking game modes and an immersive open world “Neighborhood"
- NBA 2K19 continues to push limits as it brings gaming one step closer to real life basketball excitement and culture
10. Basketball Books
Basketball books can bring inspiration and tips to any basketball player. There is a large amount of literature about basketball with a number of them written by former NBA players.
- Hardcover Book
- Bryant, Kobe (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
11. Outdoor basketball
Sometimes finding a gym to play basketball indoors is a hassle. Playing outdoors is almost always possible, so it is best to have an outdoor basketball.